Yellow Medicine City
A post office and mail route to Redwood Falls was established in 1870. In January 1872 Yellow Medicine City, with a population of 40, became the county seat. The county seat of government was moved to Granite Falls in 1874. Yellow Medicine City was abandoned in 1878.
Erected 1976 by Yellow Medicine County Commissioners, Yellow Medicine County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 44° 44.095′ N, 95° 27.403′ W. Marker is near Granite Falls, Minnesota, in Yellow Medicine County. Marker is on Minnesota Route 67, on the right when traveling north. Located in Upper Sioux Agency State Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5908 MN-67, Granite Falls MN 56241, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 29, 2020, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 47 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 29, 2020, by Connor Olson of Lemmon, South Dakota. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.