Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Judge Morris Estate
Erected 2013 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number NC-196.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives, and the Former U.S. Presidents: #28 Woodrow Wilson series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1792.
Location. 39° 42.189′ N, 75° 42.577′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is on Polly Drummond Hill Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newark DE 19711, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named The Judge Morris Estate (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of the White Clay Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Meeteer House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Robert Kirkwood, Jr. (approx. 1.7 miles away); Ebenezer United Methodist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Industries of Newark (approx. 2.3 miles away); St. John the Baptist ChurchHiram Lodge No. 25 (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Regarding Judge Morris Estate. Hugh Martin Morris (1878-1966) marker, referring to the same person, is in the Newark area at the Morris library on the University of Delaware campus.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 9, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 352 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on July 30, 2020, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 9, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.