Panhandle in Carson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Farm and Ranch Building
Gift of Olive Pendleton Finch and Orville Henry Finch (born Jan. 28, 1880; son of John A. Finch, nephew of Lue Finch), banker, rancher, Christian philanthropist. In memory of townsite founders and cowboys who staked claims for the city. (1968)
Erected 1968. (Marker Number 14176.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion.
Location. 35° 20.784′ N, 101° 22.806′ W. Marker is in Panhandle, Texas, in Carson County. Marker is on 501 Elsie, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 Elsie, Panhandle TX 79068, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Last Great Panhandle Cattle Drive to Montana (here, next to this marker); Finch-Lord-Nelson and the Founding of Panhandle City (here, next to this marker); Eclipse Windmill Patented 1867 (a few steps from this marker); Temple Lea Houston (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer Dugout (within shouting Texas Panhandle Pioneers: The Simms Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); The Square House (within shouting distance of this marker); Conway Community Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Panhandle.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 2, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.