Stockton in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Weber Point Home – 1850
The home site was part of El Rancho del Campo de los Franceses, Weber’s 48,747 acre Mexican land grant. This included most of the present site of Stockton and extended south and east encompassing the heart of San Joaquin County.
Erected 1973 by The site and monument were donated by Holiday Inns of America and Fibreboard Corporation – Pickering Operations. (Marker Number 13.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. 37° 57.325′ N, 121° 17.533′ W. Marker is in Stockton, California, in San Joaquin County. Marker is at the intersection of Center Street and Miner Street when traveling south on Center Street. Marker is located Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stockton CA 95202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Weber Point (here, next to this marker); World War II Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chinese 1976 Bicentennial Monument (about 400 feet away); The Sister City Story (about 400 feet away); The Compass Rose (about 600 feet away); We Shall Never Forget (about 600 feet away); Firefighters Memorial (about 600 feet away); Saint John’s Episcopal Church and Guild Hall (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stockton.
Regarding Weber Point Home – 1850. This site was designated Stockton Historical Landmark No.13 by the Stockton City Council 1973 and as California Registered Historical Landmark No.165 on January 11, 1935.
Also see . . . The Family History of Charles Weber. Karl David Weber, left Bavaria at the age of 22, on October 6, 1836. After his arrival in New Orleans, he headed to Texas where he joined Sam Houston’s forces. Returning to New Orleans, he intended to go north to visit relatives in Illinois, but in St. Louis he joined the emigrant group that opened the California Trail, the Bidwell-Bartleson Party. The original group was composed of 69 men and one woman of whom 31 men (Submitted on February 9, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2009. This page has been viewed 1,814 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on August 7, 2020, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 5. submitted on February 9, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 6. submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.