Near Applegate in Sanilac County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Village of Cash
Erected 2014 by Michigan Historical Commission, Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L2256C.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1851.
Location. 43° 20.924′ N, 82° 47.163′ W. Marker is near Applegate, Michigan, in Sanilac County. Marker is on Cash Road, 0.4 miles north of Elk Creek Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2540 Cash Rd, Applegate MI 48401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 14 miles of Buel Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 6.8 miles away); Melvin (Blackie) Burger (approx. 8 miles away); Carsonville High School Bell (approx. 8 miles away); Croswell's Swinging Bridge (approx. 9.7 miles away); Trinity Church (approx. 9.7 miles away); The Brown City Banner (approx. 13.9 miles away); Brown City Veterans Memorial (approx. 13.9 miles away).
More about this marker. The marker is just south of the bridge that crosses over Elk Creek. The sign sets along the tree line on the east side of Cash Road and is partially obscured by overhanging tree branches and leaves.
Also see . . . Time to Cash Out - Village of Cash (blog). (Submitted on August 8, 2020, by John Garman of Rochester Hills.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 8, 2020, by John Garman of Rochester Hills. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2020, by John Garman of Rochester Hills. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.