Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1890 with seventeen charter members, this church has served the community with a variety of worship, educational, outreach, and missionary programs. Meeting in facilities first at Ninth and Patton streets and later at Tenth and Madison streets, the church experienced steady growth. Land at this site was acquired and construction of new facilities began on July 19, 1970. Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church has played an active role in creating new congregations in the Dallas area and maintains a commitment to both foreign and domestic missionary endeavors.
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6802.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion.
Location. 32° 40.438′ N, 96° 51.375′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker can be reached from South Hampton Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6000 S Hampton Road, Dallas TX 75232, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wheatland Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Wheatland Methodist ChurchFive Mile Cemetery (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Daniel Cemetery (approx. 2.9 miles away); Duncanville (approx. 3.3 miles away); John C. Pelt (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Hord Log Cabin (approx. 3.3 miles away); First Christian Church of Duncanville (approx. 3˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 14, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.