Arlington in Arlington County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southwest 8
Southwest No. 8 Boundary Marker
Erected 2005 by Arlington County, Virginia, donated by the Arlington County Fair.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Man-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Original Federal Boundary Stones series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1791.
Location. 38° 52.358′ N, 77° 8.754′ W. Marker is in Arlington, Virginia, in Arlington County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Wilson Boulevard and Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Arlington VA 22205, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Is Upton Hill! (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mace Park (approx. half a mile away); Fort Buffalo (approx. 0.6 miles away); Civil War Outpost (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fairfax Chapel (approx. 0.7 miles away); Alice N. Nicolson (approx. 0.7 miles away); Taylor’s Tavern (approx. 0.7 miles away); Tracks into History (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arlington.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2012, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 789 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on August 15, 2020, by Roberto Bernate of Arlington, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2012, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. 3. submitted on April 15, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 4. submitted on July 4, 2012, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on April 15, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.