Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Glassmanor in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southeast 7

 
 
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, April 19, 2014
1. Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 Marker
Inscription.  
Original Federal
Boundary Stone Southeast 7
District of Columbia
Placed in 1791-1792

This plaque placed here on
the 222nd anniversary
of the founding of
Washington, DC
1790-2012

 
Erected 2012 by Mary Washington Chapter, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Original Federal Boundary Stones series lists.
 
Location. 38° 49.272′ N, 77° 0.066′ W. Marker is in Glassmanor, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is at the intersection of Indian Head Highway (Maryland Route 210) and Southern Avenue when traveling north on Indian Head Highway. Marker is on the side of Barnaby Run. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oxon Hill MD 20745, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Greble (approx. 0.8 miles away in District of Columbia); Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southeast 6
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, April 19, 2014
2. Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 Marker
(approx. one mile away); Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southeast 8 (approx. one mile away); Fort Carroll (approx. 1.1 miles away in District of Columbia); Oxon Cove, the Potomac, and the Chesapeake (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Capture of Alexandria (approx. 1.3 miles away); John Hanson (approx. 1.3 miles away); Rockets on the Hill (approx. 1.3 miles away).
 
Original Location of Boundary Landmarker image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, April 19, 2014
3. Original Location of Boundary Landmarker
Relocated on September 6, 1985
"SE7 stands by the bridge which carries Maryland Route 210 over Oxon Hill Run. If this stone has any special claim to fame, it is that it stands closer to more automobile traffic than any of the others." -- Revisiting Washington's Forty Boundary Stones, 1972, Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Vol. 48, 1973.
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, April 19, 2014
4. Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, August 21, 2005
5. Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7
In 2005 this stone, SE 7, had a DAR fence but no plaque. It was adopted on October 28, 1916 by the Lucy Holcomb Chapter of the D.C. DAR who placed plaque on it.
Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southeast 8 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roberto Bernate, September 28, 2018
6. Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Southeast 8 Marker
This stone currently does not have a plaque associated with it.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 436 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on August 17, 2020, by Roberto Bernate of Arlington, Virginia. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 21, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.   6. submitted on October 11, 2019, by Roberto Bernate of Arlington, Virginia. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Feb. 28, 2021