Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Sunnyvale in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Collins-Scott Winery

Heritage Landmark

 
 
Collins-Scott Winery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, August 17, 2020
1. Collins-Scott Winery Marker
Inscription.  Originally a brandy distillery, this house is all that remains of a 320-acre vineyard established on this site c.1880 by Lemuel Collins and later operated by his widow and her second husband, Emerson Wesley Scott.


 
Erected 1985 by Sunnyvale Heritage Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
 
Location. 37° 20.901′ N, 122° 2.642′ W. Marker is in Sunnyvale, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of Cascade Way and Lewiston Court, on the right when traveling west on Cascade Way. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 775 Cascade Drive, Sunnyvale CA 94087, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Briggs-Stelling Mansion (approx. half a mile away); William Wright Ranch (approx. 0.9 miles away); Vintage Sundial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Prune Steamer Pot / Hendy Manhole Cover (approx. 1.2 miles away); Yugoslavian Orchardists of Sunnyvale (approx. 1.2 miles away); Antique Entry Gate

Former Collins-Scott Winery and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, August 17, 2020
2. Former Collins-Scott Winery and Marker
(approx. 1.2 miles away); City Hall Bell & City Hall Cornerstone (approx. 1.2 miles away); Labor Day Prunes (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sunnyvale.
 
Also see . . .  Local Landmarks (City of Sunnyvale). "Built in 1881 by the Collins brothers, the Collins-Scott Winery is the oldest brick building in Sunnyvale. In 1889 a private railroad was built on the property and more than 300 gallons of wine were shipped daily. In 1927 all of the buildings except the brick distillery were destroyed by fire. In 1965 the present owners, the Duane Heinlen family, remodeled the structure as it stands today." (Submitted on August 17, 2020.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 44 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 17, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement
Mar. 3, 2021