Fort Ann in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built before 1800, owned successively by Moore, Pike and Shipman families.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1800.
Location. 43° 24.98′ N, 73° 29.232′ W. Marker is in Fort Ann, New York, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of George Street (U.S. 4) and Charles Street, on the right when traveling north on George Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 98 George St, Fort Ann NY 12827, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Anne (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Half-Way Creek (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lakes to Locks Passage (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Ann Through History (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Anne (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Anne First Baptist Church (approx. Ό mile away); Fort Ann War Memorial / Henry Sartwell / Lester Archer (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Ann.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 108 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 22, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.