Ludowici in Long County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Jones Creek Baptist Church
Original members of this church, all former members of Beards Creek Baptist Church were: Charles Flowers, James Clark, Levi Morgan, John Hall, John Bohannan, Martha Flower, Abigail Clark, Sarah Morgan, Fannie Lowery, Mary Howe, Mary Chapman, Lydia Bohannan.
The Rev. Moses Westberry was the first pastor of the church, and served in that capacity for 35 years.
Land for the present site of the church edifice was given by William Walthour in 1817.
Jones Creek Baptist Church was first a member of the Piedmont Baptist Association, but is now with the New Sunbury Baptist Association, of which it was one of the organizing members in 1866.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 091-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 45.468′ N, 81° 48.667′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ludowici GA 31316, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 3.6 miles away); Long County Timeline Mural (approx. 5.1 miles away); Long County (approx. 5.4 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 5½ miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 5½ miles away); Doctortown (approx. 7½ miles away); Gum Branch Baptist Church (approx. 8.6 miles away); Old Barrington Road (was approx. 9.2 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludowici.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Jones Creek Baptist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,504 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 22, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.