West Newbury in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
First Site of the Second Parish Meetinghouse
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1731.
Location. 42° 47.579′ N, 70° 59.112′ W. Marker is in West Newbury, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Meetinghouse Road north of Ash Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Newbury MA 01985, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Camp Sylvester (approx. 0.8 miles away); At this site in 1952 (approx. 0.9 miles away); Birthplace of Jacob Bayley (approx. one mile away); America’s First Comb Industry (approx. one mile away); Near This Site (approx. 1.3 miles away); Original site of the First Parish Meetinghouse. (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Near This Site (approx. 1.9 miles away); Birthplace of Cornelius Conway Felton (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Newbury.
Regarding First Site of the Second Parish Meetinghouse. The site of the Second Parish Meetinghouse is located at 27 Meetinghouse Road. The
Also see . . . Historic Markers in West Newbury. (Submitted on August 31, 2020.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2020. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2020. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.