Near Bandera in Bandera County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Named for Policarpo Rodriguez (1829-1914), Texas Ranger, Army Scout and Guide; 1858 Privilege Creek settler. Converted here to Methodist faith, built with his own hands, in 1882, chapel of native stone, where he and others have preached.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965
Erected 1965 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4067.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 46.426′ N, 98° 59.426′ W. Marker is near Bandera, Texas, in Bandera County. Marker is on Polly's Chapel Road 0.1 miles north of Old School Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bandera TX 78003, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pilots' Lounge at Bandera Airpark (approx. 5.3 miles away); Bandera County (approx. 5˝ miles away); Schmidtke-Callahan House (approx. 5.7 miles away); Frontier Times Museum (approx. 5.8 miles away); Warren HunterOld Jail & Courthouse (approx. 5.8 miles away); The Mills of Bandera (approx. 5.8 miles away); First Bandera County Courthouse (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bandera.
Also see . . . More details on Polly's Chapel. (Submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 5, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.