Paris in Henry County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
E. W. Grove High School
privately endowed public high school
Smith Hughes Grant
in United States
Erected by Colonel Gideon Macon Chapter, Daughters of the American Colonists.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1906.
Location. 36° 17.585′ N, 88° 19.748′ W. Marker is in Paris, Tennessee, in Henry County. Marker can be reached from Grove Boulevard. The marker is located at the main entrance on the building's north side. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 217 Grove Boulevard, Paris TN 38242, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. E.W. Grove-Henry County High School (within shouting distance of this marker); Governor Thomas Clarke Rye (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gov. James D. Porter Home (approx. half a mile away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dr. Bobby Jones (approx. Henry County Courthouse / Henry County (approx. 0.7 miles away); Confederate Soldiers (approx. 0.7 miles away); Henry County Courthouse (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
Also see . . . E.W. Grove Henry County High School. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on September 9, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 9, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 9, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.