Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Carillon Bridge
Called ‘The Long Bridge’ for over a century, the bridge was officially named Carillon in 1933. The present bridge was reconstructed in 1990 by Reale Construction Co., Inc.
Erected 1995 by Carillon Garden Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Bridges & Viaducts.
Location. 43° 50.994′ N, 73° 24.842′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Montcalm Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located in Carillon Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carillon Park (here, next to this marker); Carillon Bridge (here, next to this marker); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (a few steps from this marker); A Way to the World (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sharing the Flow (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Power of Water (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1756 French Saw Mill on La Chute River (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rivière de La Chute (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 24, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,006 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 24, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.