Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Harrison Trail
Site of Pioneer Tavern
William Henry Harrison
on the march from
Franklinton to Sandusky
Erected 1913 by Delaware City Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Former U.S. Presidents: #09 William Henry Harrison series lists.
Location. 40° 17.778′ N, 83° 3.876′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Memorial is on South Henry Street. marker is on the campus of the Ohio Wesleyan University, opposite Selby Field stadium. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 61 S Sandusky Street, Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Sulphur Spring (within shouting distance of this marker); 1897 Memorial Tree (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of the First Ohio State Football GameElliott Hall (about 500 feet away); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (about 500 feet away); Wesley Branch Rickey (about 600 feet away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 700 feet away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Additional keywords. Daughters of the American Revolution
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2020, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 11, 2020, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.