Near Needville in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Needville Methodist Church Cemetery
Located on land purchased by the Needville German Methodist Church from the State of Texas in 1896, this small cemetery began in 1903, when the infant son of the church's pastor, William Sievers, and his wife Alma was buried near the church building. By 1905 children of the Busch and Kielman families also were buried here, and the Zich family began burying relatives in the graveyard in 1907. Adjacent to the Needville Public Cemetery, this plot has historically been used by members of the Methodist church, which moved into the town of Needville in 1927.
Funded by the Estate of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Bacica
Erected 1992 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9054.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
Location. 29° 24.088′ N, 95° 48.768′ W. Marker is near Needville, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Needville Fairchilds Road and Padon Road, on the left when traveling east on Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ingram TX 78025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Needville (approx. 1.3 miles away); Needville Methodist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Cesinger Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Concord Cemetery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Abraham Darst (approx. 5.9 miles away); Snake Creek Cemetery and Church (approx. 7 miles away); Edmund Calloway Darst (approx. 8.8 miles away); Samuel Damon (approx. 8.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Needville.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 14, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.