History of Ramona Park
Because of the San Francisco earthquake on April 18, the park opening scheduled for April 26, 1906, was moved to July 4 with 25% of the receipts turned over to the earthquake relief committee. On opening day a special train left San Francisco at 8 a.m
The City of San Ramon encourages our residents to enjoy this beautiful park named in celebration of our historic past. By acquiring, protecting and maintaining this valuable parkland, the City of San Ramon is preserving for current and future generations natural places where people and other living things can thrive.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical date for this entry is July 4, 1906.
Location. 37° 44.982′ N, 121° 53.232′ W. Marker has been damaged. Marker is in San Ramon, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of Murdock Way and Kearney Way, on the right when traveling east on Murdock Way. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Ramon CA 94582, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. San Ramon's Pioneers (within shouting distance of this marker); Fire Truck Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Antone School (approx. 1.4 miles away); Iron Horse Regional Trail (approx. 2 miles away); 1943 Fleet City 1946 (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Glass House 1932 - 1998 (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Glass House (approx. 3.6 miles away); Harnessing the Wind (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Ramon.
More about The marker is located just into the park from the Murdock Way (north side) entrance to the park.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 15, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 156 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 15, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California.