Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Glendale in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Doctors’ House

Circa 1890

 
 
Doctors' House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
1. Doctors' House Marker
Inscription.  The Doctors’ House, a Glendale Landmark, is named for the three prominent physicians Dr. G.V. Bogue, Dr. D.W. Hunt, and Dr. A.L. Bryant, and for Dr. L.H. Hurtt, chemist, who made it their home. One of the few remaining residences of Queen Anne Eastlake style of architecture in Glendale, it was originally located on the northwest corner of Wilson and Belmont. When a permit was issued for its demolition in 1979, a successful rescue effort was initiated by Councilman John F. Day. The Glendale Historical Society then organized to assume responsibility, moved the house to this site in 1980, and began the process of painstaking restoration with the generous assistance of numerous other Glendale organizations, businesses and concerned individuals. The resulting museum, a unique asset to our community, provides a looking glass into a way of life now lost in time, but not in fond memory.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 34° 11.012′ N, 118° 16.639′ W. Marker is in Glendale, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker
Doctors' House and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
2. Doctors' House and Marker
is on Brand Park Drive 0.2 miles north of West Mountain Street, on the left when traveling north. The marker and house are located in Brand Park near the Library. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1692 Brand Park Dr, Glendale CA 91201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Miss American Green Cross (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); El Miradero (about 600 feet away); Sunset Canyon Country Club Gate (approx. 1.3 miles away); Casa Adobe de San Rafael (approx. 1.4 miles away); Grand Central Air Terminal (approx. 1˝ miles away); Burbank's First City Hall (approx. 1.7 miles away); Burbank City Hall (approx. 1.8 miles away); Story Hardware (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glendale.
 
Doctors' House image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
3. Doctors' House
Doctors' House image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
4. Doctors' House
Doctors House' Gazebo image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
5. Doctors House' Gazebo
Doctors' House Markers image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
6. Doctors' House Markers
Various plaques of City Councilmen, Benefactors, Restoration Volunteer, and etc.
Doctors' House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
7. Doctors' House Marker
The Doctors' House Constructed in 1888 Moved to present site 1980 Historical Glendale Landmark
Doctors' House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
8. Doctors' House Marker
Doctors' House Kiosk image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
9. Doctors' House Kiosk
Doctors' House Sign image. Click for full size.
By Denise Boose, May 21, 2012
10. Doctors' House Sign
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 28, 2012. This page has been viewed 512 times since then and 39 times this year. Last updated on September 17, 2020, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on May 28, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 29, 2020