Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Phi Gamma Delta Theta Chapter House
Theta Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta was established on May 11, 1855, as the second-oldest existing fraternity at the University of Alabama, when John Mason Martin, Theodore G. Pierce, John J. Harris, and Walter C. Roper were initiated.
"Not for College Days Alone"
Erected 2014 by Alabama Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations.
Location. 33° 12.64′ N, 87° 33.079′ W. Marker is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County. Marker is on University Boulevard 0.1 miles west of Stadium Drive, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located beside the driveway, directly in front of the Phi Gamma Delta Theta House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 976 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa AL 35401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Maxwell Hall (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Delta Kappa Epsilon (about 500 feet away); Autherine Lucy Foster (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morgan Hall, 1910 (approx. ¼ mile away); Gorgas House (approx. ¼ mile away); Site Of Franklin Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); Oliver-Barnard Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); Kappa Delta (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Also see . . . Theta Chapter Phi Gamma Delta, University of Alabama. The Theta Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta was founded in 1855 at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Submitted on September 20, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 20, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 57 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 20, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.