Hannibal in Marion County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Site of First School House in Hannibal
marks the site of the
First School House
Erected 1933 by Governor George Wyllis and Hannibal Chapters, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 39° 42.533′ N, 91° 21.566′ W. Marker is in Hannibal, Missouri, in Marion County. Marker is on 5th Street north of Broadway, on the right when traveling north. Marker is on the west side of Central Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hannibal MO 63401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. World War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Fifth Street Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); William Henry Hatch (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named William Henry Hatch City Hall Site (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Benjamin Horr House (about 600 feet away); Standard Printing Company Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hannibal.
Also see . . . Hannibal's History. (Submitted on September 20, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 20, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.