Danville in Yell County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Yell County First Court House
Erected 1936 by Arkansas Centennial Commission, Arkansas History Commission. (Marker Number C-14.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission series list.
Location. 35° 3.418′ N, 93° 23.637′ W. Marker is in Danville, Arkansas, in Yell County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Arkansas Route 27) and East 5th Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Marker is located beside the sidewalk at the southwest corner of the Yell County Courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 East 5th Street, Danville AR 72833, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 4 miles of this marker, measured Monrovia (approx. 3.9 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Yell County Seat History
Also see . . .
1. Yell County History. Yell County was created December 5, 1840, from parts of Pope and Scott counties and was named for Archibald Yell, second Governor of the State of Arkansas. The county has dual seats, Danville and Dardanelle. (Submitted on September 27, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Yell County Government. The Yell County Courthouse in Danville houses a courtroom, County Judge's Office, Circuit/County Clerk, Treasurer's Office, Assessor's Office, Collector's Office, Juvenile Intake and Juvenile Probation Offices. (Submitted on September 27, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 27, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.