Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the original Carillon Bridge ca. 1755 Called the Long Bridge for over century, the bridge was officially named Carillon in 1933. The present bridge was reconstructed in 1990 by Reale Construction Co., Inc.
Erected 1995 by Carillon Garden Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Bridges & Viaducts. A significant historical year for this entry is 1755.
Location. 43° 50.992′ N, 73° 24.861′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Montcalm Street and Cossey Street, on the left when traveling west on Montcalm Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gen. Henry Knox Trail (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Carillon Bridge (a few steps from this marker); Original Carillon Bridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Carillon Park (within shouting distance of this marker); A Way to the World (approx. 0.2 miles away); Samuel De ChamplainSharing the Flow (approx. ¼ mile away); The Power of Water (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 28, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 28, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. 3. submitted on September 29, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.