Tipton in Moniteau County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Tipton Methodist Church Bell
28" diameter. Church and bell dedicated
September 1905 at Morgan and Osage.
Church and bell sold in 1959 to Gene Edwards.
Bell donated back to church in December 2001.
Tower in memory of Lloyd Carter.
Erected by Tipton United Methodist Church.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Communications. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1905.
Location. 38° 39.076′ N, 92° 46.735′ W. Marker is in Tipton, Missouri, in Moniteau County. Marker is on U.S. 50 east of Park Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 204 US Hwy 50, Tipton MO 65081, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Tipton Seely (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tipton (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of First St. Andrew Catholic ChurchButterfield Overland Mail in Missouri - 1858-1861 (approx. 5.3 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Tipton United Methodist Church History (Between 1840 & 1855-Present). (Submitted on October 2, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Tipton United Methodist Church, MO. (Submitted on October 2, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 2, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 2, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.