Crawfordville in Taliaferro County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Crawfordville Baptist Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 131-11.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
Location. 33° 33.476′ N, 82° 53.691′ W. Marker is in Crawfordville, Georgia, in Taliaferro County. Marker is on Memorial Drive, 0.1 miles north of Park Street NW, on the right when traveling north. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Liberty Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Crawfordville Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Liberty Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Childhood Home of Richard Malcolm Johnston (about 400 feet away); Roselle Mercier Montgomery (approx. ¼ mile away); Taliaferro County World Wars Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Crawfordville Confederate Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Tavern Site (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crawfordville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 31, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 899 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 31, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.