Kendalia in Kendall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Kendalia Community Church
In 1882 Boerne newspaper editor Carl Gustav Vogel and his wife Ettie began buying land in this area. After Kendalia Methodist Episcopal Church, South, organized in 1886, the Vogels deeded this site to the congregation. Community residents built this meetinghouse. The fellowship merged with First Methodist Church of Boerne in 1966. A new congregation, "Kendalia Community Church", acquired this building and continues to serve the area.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1979
Erected 1979 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2919.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 29° 58.153′ N, 98° 31.585′ W. Marker is in Kendalia, Texas, in Kendall County. Marker is at the intersection of Arthur Street and Jones Street, on the right when traveling west on Arthur Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 Arthur Street, Kendalia TX 78027, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. George Wilkins Kendall (approx. 0.3 miles Specht's Crossing (approx. 7.6 miles away); Old Blanco County Courthouse (approx. 10.8 miles away); Sisterdale (approx. 11.7 miles away); Smithson Valley Cemetery (approx. 16.1 miles away); Early Boerne Schoolhouses (approx. 17.1 miles away); Kuhlmann-King House (approx. 17.1 miles away); Kendall County Courthouse (approx. 17.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 20 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 6, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.