Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Adolphus Busch had this building constructed in 1913 as a complementary retail and office facility for his nearby Adolphus Hotel. It was acquired by the Kirby Investment Company in 1919. Designed by the St. Louis architectural firm of Barnett, Hayes & Barnett, in association with the Dallas firm of Lang and Witchell, it features a strong vertical emphasis with Gothic pinnacles and spires highlighting the top, and fine terra cotta details.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6608.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 32° 46.846′ N, 96° 47.945′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1501 Main Street, Dallas TX 75201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Magnolia (Mobil) Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Adolphus Hotel (about 400 feet away, measured Neiman-Marcus (about 600 feet away); Original Site of Neiman-Marcus (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Karl St. John Hoblitzelle (approx. ¼ mile away); Majestic Theatre (approx. ¼ mile away); A. H. Belo Corporation (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 7, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 7, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.