Bellville in Austin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(Name Adopted in 1938)
Singing society organized in home of Fritz Schlecht, at Piney (3.5 mi. E), 1860. Members: Fritz Brandes, Heinrich and Gustav Koch, Joseph and Theo Menke, Herman Mueller, Fritz Schultz. Emil Koch, director. Hall (built 1877), wrecked by 1900 storm, was moved here, rebuilt same year. Land given by Henry Strauss.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 364.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Arts, Letters, Music. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 29° 56.265′ N, 96° 15.352′ W. Marker is in Bellville, Texas, in Austin County. Marker is at the intersection of South Tesch Street and Concordia B Drive, on the right when traveling south on South Tesch Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 952 Tesch Street, Bellville TX 77418, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cumings Family Vault (approx. 0.2 miles away); L.A. and Adelheid Machemehl House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Michael Robert Pilley (approx. 0.6 miles away); Oak Knoll Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles Early History of Bellville Methodist Church (approx. Ύ mile away); Joachim H. Hintz (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bellville Turnverein Pavilion (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Harigel House (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bellville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 8, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 108 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 8, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.