Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Designed by the noted Dallas architectural firm of Lang and Witchell, this building was constructed to house the dry goods manufacturing and distributing business of the Higginbotham - Bailey - Logan Co. (known as Higginbotham - Bailey after 1945). The western section was completed in 1914, and additional sections were constructed in 1917 and 1923. The building features a simplified Renaissance Revival architectural style with geometrically-detailed corner towers.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1984
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6734.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 32° 46.684′ N, 96° 48.205′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on Jackson Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 Jackson Street, Dallas TX 75202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Sanger Brothers Department Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); John F. Kennedy Memorial PlazaWomen's Suffrage in Dallas County (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Red Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Juries to Sit Women in Dallas County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of Neiman-Marcus (approx. ¼ mile away); Dallas County (approx. ¼ mile away); Adolphus Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 13, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.