Bend in Deschutes County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
First Bend Church
The first official church service was held November 18, 1904, with the Rev. O.W. Triplett officiating. The cost of the 30 x 55 foot building was about $2,500. It boasted a 55-foot tower, complete with a large bell that was also used as the city's fire alarm.
Erected by Deschutes Historical Museum. (Marker Number C12.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Bend Heritage Walk series list.
Location. 44° 3.52′ N, 121° 18.682′ W. Marker is in Bend, Oregon, in Deschutes County. Marker is on Northwest Oregon Avenue near Northwest Irving Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 44 Northwest Oregon Avenue, Bend OR 97701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Aune's Livery and Transfer (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Downing Hotel (about 300 feet away); O'Kane Building (about 400 feet away); Bend Fire Station (about 400 feet away); Wright Hotel (about 500 feet away); Bend Hardware Building (about 500 feet away); Cozy Hotel (about 500 feet away); Pierson Blacksmith Shop (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bend.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 13, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 13, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.