Bend in Deschutes County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Bend Fire Station
Bend got its first real fire station in 1920. It housed two vehicles and had one person on duty at all times. Under Carlon's leadership the Fire Department developed a fine reputation and became a model for the nation.
Erected by Deschutes Historical Museum. (Marker Number C10.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Bend Heritage Walk series list.
Location. 44° 3.457′ N, 121° 18.732′ W. Marker is in Bend, Oregon, in Deschutes County. Marker is on Northwest Minnesota Avenue near Northwest Lava Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bend Hardware Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Aune's Livery and Transfer (about 400 feet away); First Bend Church (about 400 feet away); O'Kane Building (about 500 feet away); Buchwalter's (about 700 feet away); Sather Building (about 700 feet away); Downing Hotel (about 700 feet away); "Klondike Kate" House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bend.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 14, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 201 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 14, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.