Greenville in Washington County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church
This fine Gothic Revival Church, the second building of this parish, was erected in 1907. It was designed and financed by Father P. J. Korstenbroek, who served here for 33 years and was memorialized in William Alexander Percy's Lanterns on the Levee. Many of the stained glass windows came from the Munich studios of Emil Frei.
Erected 1991 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list.
Location. 33° 24.611′ N, 91° 3.699′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Mississippi, in Washington County. Marker is on Main Street west of South Hinds Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 412 Main Street, Greenville MS 38701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenville's Writers (within shouting distance of this marker); Hebrew Union Congregation Prince McCoy (about 400 feet away); First National Bank Building (about 500 feet away); First United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); NRP Building (about 600 feet away); Greenville Trolley System (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 16, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 16, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.