Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Sisters in Deschutes County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

Leithauser General Store

 
 
Leithauser General Store Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, August 11, 2020
1. Leithauser General Store Marker
Inscription.  Built in 1925 by the Leithausers, an early Sisters family. The structure served as a general store until 1950, when a new store was built two lots to the West. Over the years, the building has been used as a barber shop, variety store, yarn mill and bakery.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
 
Location. 44° 17.484′ N, 121° 32.881′ W. Marker is in Sisters, Oregon, in Deschutes County. Marker is on East Cascade Avenue near South Spruce Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 249 East Cascade Avenue, Sisters OR 97759, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hotel Sisters (within shouting distance of this marker); The Palace (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line).
 
Leithauser General Store and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, August 11, 2020
2. Leithauser General Store and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 23 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 17, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 24, 2020