Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

New Richmond in St. Croix County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Blacksmith Shop (Log Barn)

New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village

 
 
Blacksmith Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, August 21, 2014
1. Blacksmith Shop Marker
Inscription.  This log building was originally used as a barn. At the Heritage Center, it is being used as a combination blacksmith and carpenter shop.

The log barn was donated to the Center by Agnes and Anthony Tamoshaitis in memory of Agnes' parents, Albert and Alice Ailts. It comes from their last home and homestead, located in the Town of Stanton, about 8 miles northeast of New Richmond, near St. Bridget's Catholic Church on County Road T. It was probably built by a James Lee, around or before 1875. It was the only barn along that road at the time.

The roof of the building and the logs of the walls were moved separately and reassembled at the Center.
 
Erected by New Richmond Heritage Center.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
 
Location. 45° 6.624′ N, 92° 32.06′ W. Marker is in New Richmond, Wisconsin, in St. Croix County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Heritage Drive and Tierney Drive. Marker is mounted at eye-level directly on the Blacksmith Shop,
Blacksmith Shop image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, August 21, 2014
2. Blacksmith Shop
(marker is mounted just left of the front entrance)
one exhibit in the New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond WI 54017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ubet Store (a few steps from this marker); Camp Nine School (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Northside House (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Bell-Tierney Farmhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Paperjack Creek (about 400 feet away); New Richmond Heritage Center (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Richmond.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village
 
Also see . . .  New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village. Blacksmith and woodworking shops were some of a pioneer village's first businesses. (Submitted on October 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Paid Advertisement
Mar. 6, 2021