New Richmond in St. Croix County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Camp Nine School
New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village
The name comes from Lumber Camp Nine when the school was built in 1902 to serve the camp children. It continued in use, eventually part of the Glenwood City school district, until the school year of 1957-58. The building was on land owned by Minnie Forrest, who donated the school to the society.
Erected by New Richmond Heritage Center.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1902.
Location. 45° 6.607′ N, 92° 32.066′ W. Marker is in New Richmond, Wisconsin, in St. Croix County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Heritage Drive and Tierney Drive. Marker is mounted at Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond WI 54017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ubet Store (a few steps from this marker); Blacksmith Shop (Log Barn) (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Northside House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bell-Tierney Farmhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Richmond Heritage Center (about 400 feet away); Paperjack Creek (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Richmond.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village
Also see . . . New Richmond Heritage Center Pioneer Village. Originally sited near Glenwood City, it was built in 1902 to serve the children of logging Camp Nine. This one-room school is paired with one of its old outhouses. (Submitted on October 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.