Kingsport in Sullivan County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1A 48.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Appalachian Iron Furnaces, and the Tennessee Historical Commission series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1795.
Location. 36° 29.816′ N, 82° 30.793′ W. Marker is in Kingsport, Tennessee, in Sullivan County. Marker is at the intersection of Rock Springs Road and Fort Henry Drive (Tennessee Highway 36), on the right when traveling west on Rock Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 Rock Springs Rd, Kingsport TN 37663, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Patrick Henry (approx. 1.6 miles away); Great Indian Warrior Trading Path (approx. 1.7 miles Suffering and Survival (approx. 2.2 miles away); Battle of Island Flats (approx. 2.4 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Island Flats (approx. 2.4 miles away); Avery Treaty (approx. 3.2 miles away); Donelson Flotilla (approx. 3.2 miles away); Douglass High School (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingsport.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 128 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 17, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.