Llano in Llano County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Llano County Organized
Near this site on June 14, 1856 Llano County was organized and Llano designated as the county seat. The organizing commissioner was Clement Oatman.
Erected 1956 by Llano County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 30° 45.116′ N, 98° 40.56′ W. Marker is in Llano, Texas, in Llano County. Marker is at the intersection of Ford Street (State Highway 16) and West Haynie Street, on the right when traveling south on Ford Street. The marker is low to the ground and near the south side of the Roy B. Inks Bridge. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Llano TX 78643, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Texas Historic Bridge (a few steps from this marker); Llano County Granite Industry (within shouting distance of this marker); Ford Street Commercial Row (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Llano County Jail (about 500 feet away); Acme Dry Goods Building Lantex Theater (about 600 feet away); Old Southern Hotel Building (about 700 feet away); Llano County Courthouse (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Llano.
Also see . . . Llano Texas History. TexasEscapes.com (Submitted on October 19, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 19, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 23 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 19, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.