Aguila in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Robson's Mining World
Robson’s Mining World was originally opened by the Westley Rush Family in 1917 as the Gold Leaf Mine. Ned Creighton acquired the mine in 1924. He renamed the mine the “Nellie Meda” in honor of the two Rush daughters. The mine operated until 1942 when the Federal Government closed all gold mines with the onset of World War II. The mine’s engineer, Harold Mason became the caretaker and eventual owner of the Nellie Meda. Charles Robson purchased the mine in 1979 upon the death of Harold Mason. In the mid 1980’s Charles and Jeri Robson embarked on the restoration of the mining property. They purchased a large portion of the mining equipment from Wilbur Johnson, a mining engineer who had worked many of Arizona’s old mining camps. Historical buildings were brought in and others were built to house the extensive collection of artifacts. Robson’s Mining World opened to the public on January 19, 1992.
Erected 2007 by E Clampus Vitus, Lost Dutchman Chapter 5917+4.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
Location. 34° 1.296′ N, 113° 7.657′ W. Marker is in Aguila, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker can be reached from Robsons Ranch Road west of Arizona Highway 71. Entrance road located at Mile Post 1. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Aguila AZ 85320, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 19, 2020, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 19, 2020, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. 6. submitted on July 19, 2021, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.