Rosenberg in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Charles Harvey Waddell
(January 18, 1888 - January 28, 1950)
A native of Arkansas, Charles Harvey Waddell came to Texas with his family at an early age. He became an automobile dealer in 1910 and in 1914 formed the Fort Bend Telephone Company. He served as County Tax Collector from 1919 to 1922, and from 1926 to 1930 represented Waller and Fort Bend counties in the State Legislature. Through his later business interests, including three local farmers' gins, real estate development, a lumber company, and a savings and loan institution, Waddell contributed significantly to the growth and development of Rosenberg.
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9077.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1910.
Location. 29° 33.555′ N, 95° 48.366′ W. Marker is in Rosenberg, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is on Avenue G near 3rd Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2012 Avenue G, Rosenberg TX 77471, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Bend Telephone Company (a few steps from this marker); Rosenberg Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Robinowitz Brothers (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vogelsang Building (about 400 feet away); First Baptist Church of Rosenberg (approx. ¼ mile away); Trone-Ray-Lane House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Julius Edward Junker (approx. 0.4 miles away); Teague-Waddell House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rosenberg.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 137 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.