Rosenberg in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Robinowitz family immigrated to the United States from Russia between 1898 and 1910. Beginning a new life in Texas, the brothers worked as peddlers for several years before opening stores in Richmond, Beasley, and Rosenberg. As merchants and builders, Cecil, Abe, and Libby Robinowitz contributed to downtown Rosenberg at a significant time in the city's growth and development. Early 1920s Robinowitz buildings on Avenue G housed the Rosenberg Post Office, Libby's Dress Shop, and the R B Grocery Store.
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9060.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 29° 33.552′ N, 95° 48.419′ W. Marker is in Rosenberg, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Avenue G and 3rd Street, on the left when traveling west on Avenue G. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2012 Avenue G, Rosenberg TX 77471, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Vogelsang Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Harvey Waddell Fort Bend Telephone Company (about 300 feet away); Rosenberg Post Office (about 500 feet away); First Baptist Church of Rosenberg (approx. 0.2 miles away); Julius Edward Junker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Trone-Ray-Lane House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Teague-Waddell House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rosenberg.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.