Rosenberg in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Rosenberg Post Office
This post office was established in 1881, a year after Rosenberg was founded on the newly laid route of the Santa Fe Railroad. Early post office locations include a hotel and a general store. Parcel Post service began in 1913, and by 1928 Rosenberg's Post Office was handling mail from 24 mail trains per day. The U. S. Congress authorized the building of a district post office at 2103 Avenue G in 1939. Home delivery began in 1948. The 1939 structure was expanded and modernized in 1966-67. The history of postal service in Rosenberg reflects the growth and development of the community.
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9063.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 29° 33.569′ N, 95° 48.325′ W. Marker is in Rosenberg, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Avenue G and 4th Street, on the right when traveling west on Avenue G. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2103 Avenue G, Rosenberg TX 77471, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Fort Bend Telephone Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Harvey Waddell (within shouting distance of this marker); Robinowitz Brothers (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vogelsang Building (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Rosenberg (approx. Ό mile away); Julius Edward Junker (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rosenberg Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Rosenberg (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rosenberg.
Also see . . . Rosenberg Texas. Wikipedia (Submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 75 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.