Alexander in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Alexander Rea and Nancy Jones Rea
Alexander Rea and
Nancy Jones Rea, his wife
Founders of the Town of
named after the pioneer who made the first
land purchase in 1802, built the first sawmill,
was a member of the Assembly 1804 1807,
State Senator 1808 1811.
Erected by the citizens of Alexander
And the State of New York
Erected 1931 by The Citizens of Alexander and the State of New York.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
Location. 42° 54.15′ N, 78° 15.744′ W. Marker is in Alexander, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of Buffalo Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling west on Buffalo Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Alexander NY 14005, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cobblestone School (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Emory Upton (approx. 4½ miles away); Mina GriswoldWest Middlebury Baptist Church (approx. 6.2 miles away); Bethany Town Hall / Bethany World War II Memorial (approx. 6½ miles away); Rolling Hills (approx. 6.7 miles away); Poor House (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexander.
Also see . . . Alexander, New York (Wikipedia). (Submitted on October 28, 2020, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 26, 2020, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 98 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 26, 2020, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.