Paducah in McCracken County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
Organized October 29, 1842, at home of Judge James Campbell on Broadway, with eight charter members. Rev. A. W. Campbell served as first pastor. Met in homes and courthouse until 1848, when church was built near corner of Third and Kentucky. Moved to this location, 1888. Dedication of present building, Dec. 3, 1933.
Erected 1967 by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1061.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is October 29, 1842.
Location. 37° 5.181′ N, 88° 36.141′ W. Marker is in Paducah, Kentucky, in McCracken County. Marker is at the intersection of North 7th Street and Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling north on North 7th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 North 7th Street, Paducah KY 42001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Broadway Methodist (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Duke of Paducah" (about 500 feet away); 8th U.S. Heavy Artillery (Colored)St. Francis de Sales (about 700 feet away); Guthrie Building (about 700 feet away); Grace Episcopal (about 700 feet away); Paducah Pictorial (about 800 feet away); Barkley's Law Office (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paducah.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 7, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 53 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 27, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.