Paducah in McCracken County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Organized in 1887, as mission of First Baptist Church. Constituted as the Second Baptist Church in January, 1894, with twenty-two members. First building located 9th and Ohio. Moved to Murrell Boulevard in February, 1922, and changed to present name. Building program started October, 1958, on this location. Church dedicated November 6, 1966.
Erected by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1044.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1887.
Location. 37° 4.053′ N, 88° 38.61′ W. Marker is in Paducah, Kentucky, in McCracken County. Marker is at the intersection of Buckner Lane and South Sycamore Drive, on the right when traveling west on Buckner Lane. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3465 Buckner Lane, Paducah KY 42001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Angles / “The Veep” (approx. half a mile away); First Baptist Church (approx. The 1937 Flood (approx. 0.6 miles away); Church of Christ (approx. 0.7 miles away); First Christian Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Unity Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Westminster United Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Temple Israel (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paducah.
Also see . . . Our History. Church website entry (Submitted on October 28, 2020, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 28, 2020, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 28, 2020, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.