Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Angelica in Allegany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Original Court House

Allegany County

 

— Erected 1819 —

 
Original Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bruce Kelly, November 4, 2020
1. Original Court House Marker
Inscription.  
Original Court House
Allegany County
Erected 1819
Bricks made on the square in front. Angelica Court House, 1858, by Act of Legislature, was to be disposed of And County Seat moved to Belmont. 1860 county divided into two jury districts. 1861 remodeling completed court was held alternately in Angelica & Belmont until 1892 1895 sold to Town of Angelica
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics.
 
Location. 42° 18.323′ N, 78° 0.936′ W. Marker is in Angelica, New York, in Allegany County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Circle and E Main Street, on the right when traveling east on Park Circle. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 49 Park Circle, Angelica NY 14709, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Town of Angelica (a few steps from this marker); Angelica Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Belfast Civil War Monument (approx. 5.6 miles away); Township of Belfast World War I Memorial (approx. 5.6 miles away); Belfast World War II, Korean Conflict, Vietnam Memorial
Original Court House, Allegany County image. Click for full size.
By Bruce Kelly, November 4, 2020
2. Original Court House, Allegany County
The building is home to Angelica Town Hall, Tax Assessor and Police Department.
(approx. 5.6 miles away); Town of Amity Civil War Monument (approx. 5.8 miles away); Caneadea Historic Camelback Bridge (approx. 8.8 miles away); a different marker also named Caneadea Historic Camelback Bridge (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Angelica.
 
National Register Plaque image. Click for full size.
By Bruce Kelly, November 4, 2020
3. National Register Plaque
The Court House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 5, 2020, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 5, 2020, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Jan. 20, 2021