Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Prior to 1798, the lot was owned by Thomas Blackbourne. Lots #74, #75 and #76 are the site of the old tannery (W. Va. Tanning Company).
Lot #74: Conveyed by the Trustees of the Town of Bath to Thomas Blackbourne (no recorded date).
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia, Berkeley Springs, Town of Bath Lots series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1798.
Location. 39° 37.635′ N, 78° 13.579′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of North Mercer Street and Congress Street, on the right when traveling south on North Mercer Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 51 N Mercer St, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hugh Walker (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Hugh Walker (within shouting distance of this marker); Frederick Conrad (within shouting distance of this marker); Berkeley Springs (within William Ramsey and James Stuart (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); James Smith (about 300 feet away); Tannery vs Hotels (about 300 feet away); The Industrial North End (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 6, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.