Moravia in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1790. Built first house at
rear of this lot. Was 1st
Justice and Supervisor of
Sempronius in 1798.
Erected 1994 by Village of Moravia.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1790.
Location. 42° 42.803′ N, 76° 25.323′ W. Marker is in Moravia, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Cayuga Street (New York State Route 38) west of Main Street (New York State Route 38), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3 West Cayuga Street, Moravia NY 13118, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. World War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Cady Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Oldest House in Moravia (approx. half a mile away); Millard Fillmore (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named Millard Fillmore (approx. 1.1 miles away); Former Home of State Senator Charles J. Hewitt (approx. Oldest Known House (approx. 3.7 miles away); Town of Locke (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moravia.
Also see . . . History And Profile Of The Village Of Moravia NY. (Submitted on November 7, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 7, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.