French Camp in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1959 by The California State Parks Commission in cooperation with the Reynolds Family Native Daughters of the Golden West, Ladies Auxiliary to California Pioneers, and French Camp District-Chamber of Commerce, June 6, 1959. (Marker Number 668.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Animals • Exploration • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmark, the California Trail, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series lists.
Location. 37° 53.166′ N, 121° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: French Camp CA 95231, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Liberty Plot (approx. 3 miles away); Stockton Assembly Center (approx. 3.6 miles away); Moses Rogers Home (approx. 4.1 miles away); Ort J. Lofthus Crosstown Freeway (approx. 4˝ miles away); Lathrop (approx. 4.6 miles away); Saint Mary’s Catholic Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); California Building (approx. 4.7 miles away); Commercial and Savings Bank (approx. 4.7 miles away).
Regarding French Camp. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.668 on December 12, 1959.
Also see . . .
1. History of French Camp. (Submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
2. History of Stockton. (Submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,793 times since then and 127 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 8, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.