Navasota in Grimes County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church of Navasota
Organized in 1866, drawing members from old church at Washington, Texas. First building, erected in 1876, was replaced in 1894 by this Victorian Edifice finely crafted in the taste of its English builders.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1971
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8577.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1866.
Location. 30° 23.241′ N, 96° 5.167′ W. Marker is in Navasota, Texas, in Grimes County. Marker is at the intersection of Nolan Street and Holland Street, on the right when traveling north on Nolan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 Nolan Street, Navasota TX 77868, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Baptist Church of Navasota (about 400 feet away); Frank Augustus Hamer (about 500 feet away); Rene Robert Cavelier Sieur de La Salle (about 700 feet away); First United Methodist Church of NavasotaSite of Freeman Inn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mickelborough Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lee Tabernacle Methodist Church (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Navasota.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 11, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 71 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 10, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.