Highland in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Methodist Episcopal Church of Highland Station
Erected 1988 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L902.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1865.
Location. 42° 38.266′ N, 83° 37.165′ W. Marker is in Highland, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of West Livingston Road and John Street, on the left when traveling west on West Livingston Road. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Village Of Highland Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Pettibone Creek Mills (approx. 0.6 miles away); Rowe House (approx. 1.8 miles away); West Highland Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Haven Hill Getaway (approx. 2.9 miles away); Edsel Ford's Leadership (approx. 2.9 miles away); Haven Hill Lodge (approx. 2.9 miles away); Haven Hill Carriage House (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Highland.
1. 205 West Livingston Road
The former Methodist Episcopal Church building is no longer a library. It is now home to a number of non-profit organizations.
— Submitted November 10, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 10, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.